Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has declared that he would have “no problem” returning to Stamford Bridge, but he does not believe that the club will sack Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho is under pressure after a catastrophic start to the season and Ancelotti has been linked with a return to the club he led to a Premier League and FA Cup double in 2010 before being dismissed a year later.
The Italian is currently out of work following his departure from Real Madrid at the end of last season, but although he is open to the idea of a return to Chelsea, he does not believe there will be a vacancy any time soon.
“I would have no problem with Chelsea,” he told Thursday’s edition of the Daily Mail. “But Jose won’t be sacked. They already chose to keep him, and I think they made a good choice.”
Ancelotti dismissed reports that he had been approached by Liverpool prior to their appointment of Jurgen Klopp, but said that he would like to work in England again if the right opportunity arises.
“I would like to come back to work in England,” he said. “I love the football here, I still have a house in London and I would like to be with a team that is competitive in England and in Europe.
“I think Liverpool are a good team … I think they can be really competitive. But I did not speak with them. If I spoke with them I can say ‘Yes’, but no, I did not.